We seem to be a little behind on things. Cayman is even a bit behind on her holidays. We keep asking her what Thanksgiving is all about and she continues to say "I'm going to be Minnie Mouse". By the end of the month and a fun little Thanksgiving Feast at Pre-school, she finally figured out that Thanksgiving is all about the "5 little turkeys".
|11.7.14 Well, this was a good way to begin the upcoming two months of gluttony.... |
Seattle's Westward & Little Gull Grocery Oyster Bar, located on the waterfront on North Lake Union with a fab view of the city.
|C the City?|
|11.8.14 The 2nd reason I tagged along on the boys trip. Jason Cockrum and I have been dear friends for over 20 years, and we WILL keep counting for sure.|
|1st reason I tagged along on the boys trip to Seattle. TURBO girl!|
|Since I'm still breastfeeding, the stop-off at Jason's was necessary...my poor guy friends...but how is this for a pumping view? Seriously? ...and not to mention how lucky we were with beautiful weather during the 48 hour visit!|
|11.10.14 Meanwhile, back in Dallas, we finally made it to the annual pumpkin patch...after Halloween. Like I said, we are behind. Dallas Arboretum.|
|Grams and PopPop were able to stick around a few extra days after their babysitting stint. We always seem to visit the arboretum with them.|
|This bliss joined us for one of their first (of many) outings to the Arboretum. |
Meet Elliot Soon.
|11.14.14 "I'm the mommy"|
|11.15.14 November brought the Braselton's to Dallas for SMU Homecoming weekend. This year started off with a basketball night that ended in a WIN. We kicked off the evening at the "new" Snuffer's on Greenville, an annual run.|
|Despite the bad football season, we still had a good group travel in for the weekend. Homer and his girlfriend Marienma, John Weber, Chris Claiborne, me, Jennie & Dude Braselton, Papa Weber, Hook. Go Mustangs!|
|11.16.14 It was a REALLY cold tailgate, but the guys stepped it up another notch with outdoor heaters and a fire pit.|
|Not in town for the game, our close friends Melissa and Brent Morgan were in from Little Rock for business and some kid-free times. They joined us for brunch at the Majestic, Yum and YAY!|
|My beautiful sister Sayward. Expecting her first, our "neicephew". Can NOT wait!|
|11.17.14 Cayman's sweet little Thanksgiving craft.|
|Cayman's feather is the lowest left.|
|11.19.14 Thought this was an adorable school shot of our boy. He's in mommy's Big Smith overalls. It's always a little teary those first few times you realize your baby has done something you aren't there to witness in person. |
Growing up too fast.
|Cayman's first school program. First of many I presume...and always a hoot.|
|11.20.14 I'm thrilled Sawyer is enjoying his time at Little Gym. He loves to clap, crawl all over the equipment, dance, the bubbles and the teacher is quite impressed by his hanging from the uneven bar. Pretty sure he would hang there all day.|
|November has brought very mild, bounce house weather.|
|11.21.14 Aunt Issa, Uncle Stu and the cousins stopped through on their way to Arkansas for Thanksgiving|
|11.24.14 Thank you for painting our table Pop Pop!!! Repurposed coffee table.|
|Promise, we weren't partial.|
|Our worst nightmare...|
|11.26.14 A morning at the Perot. It's been a while, but we skipped ballet and jumped at Cayman's request to visit the dinosaurs.|
|11.29.14 The cousins stopped back through for a little bounce housing.|
|11.30.14 Who needs explanation?|
|Daddy finally got brave enough to bring little one to the floor seats. |
According to Daddy, she lasted until the game started.
Cayman is also up to:
- First parent/teacher conference. It was pretty easy breezy, but we were warned they only get worse. We discussed her friendship with Wyatt "(Daddy's biggest concern), "I can't", "too hard", etc..
- We are working on not going potty outside...and we'll leave it at that.
- First dental x-rays...what? Didn't know that was going to happen. Still have your underbite. Doc doesn't think it's "the bad one". Fingers crossed! Brother is sporting the underbite too!
Sawyer is up to:
- Now that you have 8 teeth, you are officially sporting the underbite too. We are saving up for orthodontic work.
- FIRST wave back. The bakery employee at Kroger...you know who to butter up to already.
- You LOVE food, even wiggle/dance for the good stuff and are even quite demanding at times.
- Finally cozying up to our sitter, Pakita, but still such a momma's boy.
- Big Hugs!
- A few seconds of unassisted standing
- Found your tongue
- Fascinated with all things door, drawer, faucet and lid (including toilet)...just anything you aren't supposed to touch or put in mouth.
- 5th (top right lateral incisor) and 6th (top left lateral incisor) teeth
- FIRST high five
- You love to dance. How do babies know how, what and why? Just fascinating.
- Gradually cruising from object to object
Rest of us:
- Tarpon especially loves this season, the season of squirrels hiding pecans in mommy's flower pots.
- We are anxiously awaiting the safe arrival of our new niece or nephew! Due on Dec. 11th!!!